Thursday, March 23, 2006

Stuff I read and want to remember

Do you read stuff and say to yourself "I am going to remember that!" and then promptly forget it? Well I do. That is one reason I share quotes and things here. It helps me to remember.

Today I was reading Donald Miller's "Searching for God Know's What" during lunch. He said the words spoken by one of his friends made an impact on him, and I think they have made an impact on me as well. So I will share them with you.

His friend said that "Nobody he knows who is successful gambles; rather they work hard, they accept the facts of reality, they enjoy life as it is." He said further that "Reality is like a fine wine, it will not appeal to children".

I think like a fine wine, I need to mull over that one for awhile.

Comments:
Can I have the wine, and not the reality?
Guess I must be more childlike than I thought. Reality has never appealed to me.
 
I thought the wine was to escape from the reality...now it is the reality. Oh, I am so confused.

I have never been too impressed with reality. I prefer to dream. I guess my inner child has yet to grow up!
 
wine. I perfer a 1998 Pinot Noir from Oregon if you don't mind. Oh the Anglicans use real wine.......
 
I'm only halfway through it right now - but it's an outstanding book!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?