Thursday, April 20, 2006

Scars

Today I was looking at my pinky. I have a scar on the inside of my little finger on my left hand. Back when I used to do weights on a regular basis I dropped a 25 pound plate and it squashed my little finger. ( I was putting them in front of a machine to prop my feet against to do rows for my back). The finger actually burst open as opposed to being cut. It hurt. It don’t hurt anymore (it was about 15 years ago), but when I look at the scar I remember the pain. I have handled weights more carefully since then too.

I am sure you have many scars on your body as well. They all probably tell a story; some of your carelessness, some of your luck, some maybe the result of someone else. All of them left a mark on you though, and most of them left you with a lesson learned.

I have internal scars too. I have places that if I let my mind go there I will see the scar and remember the hurt. Oh, the hurts have healed and I hardly think about them at all. But once in while something will remind me and I will revisit that particular pain.

I think God made our skin to scar to remind us to stay away from the things that hurt us. I am sure he gave us memories for the same reason

Comments:
you done well here girl. I have another blog that someday I am going to post on.

I'm not going to allow comments on that blog.

The theme is Listening to the Evil Twin. You know the one that plays that tape over and over again. We were never suppose to hear that tape somewhere the evil one snuck that one in. Yeah, it's good we have scars but I'm not sure we were meant to have any.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?