Thursday, April 13, 2006

To Read or to Write?

Sometimes you have to make tough choices. Neither choice is clearly bad or good but you nonetheless are forced to decide. Today that choice was- do I catch up on reading everyone’s blog, or do I blog myself- I think you know what I chose. **update- I was able to do both!! Woo-Hoo**

I have never been to a sunrise service at Easter. I would really like to go to one. I don’t know who has one in my area, but I am sure with a little checking I can find one to attend.


When my children were small Easter was one of my favorite holidays (I am sure it will be again with FOUR grandchildren!) While we never recognized or celebrated it from a religious standpoint I loved to color and hide eggs for them. We would hide plastic eggs in the house for weeks after Easter was over.

There is just something in us that longs to find that which is lost or even hidden. I mean we go to extremes to try and find out peoples secrets and who hasn’t stopped and spent time looking for Waldo? Perhaps this is part of our nature because we are longing to return to that state of walking with God that existed in the Garden before the fall. We know there is something more, something greater that we were designed to be and to achieve.

Today we think of that last Passover meal that Jesus shared with his disciples. We are humbled by the fact that he washed their feet AND that he told them to do this for each other. He never asked anything of us that he was not willing to do FOR us. His message is not hidden. His love was not a secret. His sacrifice and his shame as he took on all of our sins was played out in front of everyone. Sometimes we are like that Easter egg that is in plain view that the children keep walking past. God must want to shout at us “Just look up! It is right in front of your face!”

Comments:
You might check out Seventh Street (the one on 157) or Sacred Heart. I think they have had sunrise services on Easter in the past. I've been to one, and it was very moving. Really a beautiful experience. : )

I should be in Mobile . . .
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?