Saturday, May 06, 2006

Another Confession

OK, I don't really like to listen to Contemporary Christian music when I am driving. Last night the Busch race was in a rain delay..(boring radio) and I could not find the Braves game...so I started browsing on the XM.

First of all I stopped by Fox News. The O'Reilly factor was on. They were congratulatory themselves on getting the "Sex-Offender" Act passed in through Congress. Now, granted that is a very good thing and it did take the efforts of the listeners calling Senator Kennedy to get him to act, but they were going on and on about what a good service and what a good thing they had done. Is it just me or does a self-congratulatory attitude turn others off too? Report the facts let me decide that you did something good. I think we have to be careful about doing this in all phases of our own lives (especially in church). For most people it is a turn off to hear you tell what YOU have accomplished.......so I switched the station.

Last night I listened to some Aerosmith, some Creed, some Rolling Stones and rocked all the way home from Huntsville. A good time was had by all.

Today I will be fixing that gray hair!!!

Comments:
They have a contemporary station on one radios stations here. I like it better because the radio only plays the top 40, at least it seems that way. The TV channel just plays without interruptiona dn headless of the top 40.
I don't watch the news and hardly listen to it any more. That may seem for someone who's life is shaped by the worlds newss, however I find the tragedies make me numb and uncaring. I should be crying about those horrid reports that flash on TV but I don't feel anything. It doesn't matter if it's fact or graphic pictures, I'm able to coldly watch disaster after disaster and never shed a tear.
I think there is a lesson in that. It's easy to close our self and let the world outside my 1 foot circle pass by. The poor beggar in the ditch, the man in the caves, the leapord, the bleeding woman, the small man in the tree all of them I can pass them by.
Yet if I have riches, gifts and build and do great things yet have not mercy (love) I have nothing I am numb and trying to sing my praises to only be heard by men.
luv BT
 
Pride comes before a fall....
I'd have turned the channel too.
 
I listen to XM radio on my computer. It is fantastic having no commercials. I mostly listen to Hear Music and Fine Tuning.

I liked Bill O'Reily when he first came out because he seemed more objective and less stuck on himself. I don't hear or listen to him much any more.
 
Wild Horses couldn't drag me away....
 
I've never heard Bill O'Reily's radio show (too busy with TobyMac or Rick & Bubba), but isn't he the one who has the article in our local newspaper sometimes? If that's the same guy, I usually enjoy his articles.
 
I listen to my Christian CDs about 90% of the time--about 5% of the time I prefer quiet--but then 5% of the time I find the oldies station--when I am in the mood--I sooo enjoy them!

I used to listen to O'Reilly some--but lately--he irritates me.
 
Have you learned anything from Taylor Hicks?? Gray is IN, baby!

NJ
 
What's up with that Keith Richards?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?