Friday, May 19, 2006

The Greatest Love

This morning as I was holding and feeding baby Ali, I was overcome with a feeling of love. And I wanted her to feel the love I had for her. I wanted her to feel comforted and safe in my arms. I wanted her to relax and just feel how much she was loved.

Last night I was reading the last chapter in the book “Searching for God Knows What” (finally, I started this book in March!) and he spoke of Romeo & Juliet as relating the love story of God for us. He said if you could think of the most intense love you have known and multiply it that it might come close to the love relationship we will have with Christ when we are in his presence.

As I held that baby, tears came to my eyes knowing that God loves me even more than I love that precious little girl. I know that he wants me to just be still and lay my head and all my worries on his chest as he tenderly holds me and speaks words of comfort to me.

Wow!

Comments:
That was my FAVORITE part of any of DM's books! It was a great visual picture for me. I teared up just reading your post and remember how I thought about my feelings towards my nieces and nephews and my family and the love I would like to share with a special man. It is overwhelming to realize how deep God's love for us is. What a wonderful way for Him to express it to you this morning through Ali!
 
you done well Donna...You'll like Simply Christian.
 
I remember those baby days so well. Looking at those precious little faces gives a whole new understanding of the vastness of God's love.

I've heard this is a good book, I'll have to read it this summer when things slow down a little.
 
Great post -- I needed that!
 
That is pretty powerful. You can spend a lifetime looking for that kind of love...and to think that God loves us that way ALL the time!
 
Beautiful words Donna. I can relate daily holding Jordan.

God's love is truly amazing.
 
Profound thought -- God loves me more than we could possibly love our children.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?