Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Impossible Mission?

Sometimes writing is like bubble wrap for me…it is therapy. Many times I have found that I did not know what was bothering me until I just sat down and started writing. This morning I can make a long list of things that are bothering me, but I don’t want to dwell on all of those things. If that means therapy equates to a form of denial….I am OK with that.

I think that I was led to buy the Dallas Willard book. He is helping me to direct my thoughts and perhaps will lead me through this transformation. This morning he spoke of how our spirit is composed of our thoughts, emotions and feelings. He said that we can control those things. Yes, we can control thoughts, emotions and feelings. If you think about it you know that it is true. Controlling those facets of our life where we look at everything giving consideration to God will be what “renovates our hearts”.

I was thinking about the term “Mission Impossible” and how it related to my life. I think for me the Impossible Mission is the very one that I must strive daily to accomplish
Love the Lord Your God
With ALL of your heart
With ALL of your soul
With ALL of your strength and
With ALL of your mind and
To love my neighbor AS MYSELF! (Luke 10:27)

When I think about this, when I really try and practice it, all of my problems fade away. As I grow older the phrase that “Love will cover a multitude of sins” continues to evolve for me. I know that if I am busy loving you it is hard for me to be offended by you. I have chosen to accept this mission…..now I must be about it!

Comments:
I sooo agree--love covers many, many sins--my struggle here is to love with my whole being--I keep letting some of self in--the closer I am to *all* the more wonderful God is though!
 
Wow! Awesome thoughts. Thanks for sharing. Writing is a great form of therapy. I've journaled all my life and burn the journals when I'm done. Why? Because "love keeps no record of wrongs". Blogging is another story though. I can't burn my blog!
 
That Dallas Willard book is on my very long wish list for future reads... Luckily, I think our church has that one in the library! Amazon will be so disappointed!
 
Okay, Donna . . . keep reminding me. I needed to hear that today . . .
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?