Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Renovation of The Heart


The book I purchased last night at Books-a-Million with my Amazon Card (I have already earned $25.00 toward the purchase of more books!!) was Dallas Willard’s Renovation of the Heart. I thought this was a good title for a girl who calls her blog “Joyful Transformation”. I bought the book on CD where I could listen to it while driving. I felt like I could sacrifice a little of my NASCAR radio since I was having a difficult time finding time to read.

Dallas Willard reads the book himself. (why do I always think of Bruce Willis as Korben Dallas in the movie The Fifth Element when I type his name?) I will tell you that he is not the most exciting reader I have ever heard. But he has already stimulated my thinking. The bad thing is I can’t stop and underline the points that I want to remember. One thing he says though is that all of our selves that are not physical are spiritual. It is up to us to properly train our “Spiritual Self”. In his words a terrorist is just as spiritual as an evangelist. There is something to think about. I am sure I will have more to share soon.

Comments:
This guy is very talented. I would put him in the top ten of my favorite reads possibly in the top 5. Enjoy
 
Do you know that I am STILL not through with The Divine Conspiracy? Every page I read has so many ideas that my mind keeps running away from me ... so it's a very slow read for me ... and to think of ANOTHER Dallas Willard book...whew!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?