Thursday, June 01, 2006

Baby Update

Yesterday Diana was upset because she had not been able to take a shower since Monday. When the babies were sleeping she knew that she needed to sleep too. When she would think she might have time one or more of them would wake up crying. I can remember it being hard to make time for personal hygiene with one baby…..

The babies are doing great and are now sleeping from their 10:00 p.m. feeding until 5:00 a.m. I am not sure they realize what a blessing that is!

I just wanted to take a moment this morning to say thank you. Thank you for all the prayers that were lifted up for these sweet babies even before they arrived. Thank you to those of you locally who have donated gas money when they were driving, groceries, prepared meals, gift cards for meals, diapers & wipes and especially cookies!

Somebody asked me last night wouldn’t it be easier when they could sit up and do this or that and I said no, it is as easy now as it is ever going to be. Sadly, I believe that it the truth. It has not been easy. It is not going to get easier. We still covet your prayers for their continued good health and Diana and Joe’s sanity. Also if you have a spare minute maybe pray that I will be able to keep up with the challenges that are in front of me.

One thing I have learned, people assume that once you get babies home you don’t really need anything other than diapers and wipes, but just an hour to be able to go to Wal-Mart or to go outside and play with the dogs can be a great gift. I help as much as I can, but I do have to maintain a full time job and I know that many times I let her down when she is counting on me.

God has been so good to us. I praise him when I look at these beautiful babies and realize the obstacles that they have overcome. Thank you God; and thank you to those of you who have been the hands of God for us.

Comments:
Oh, now. It will get easier...in about 20 years! Childcare is huge...and can be very draining emotionally and physically. Diana is lucky to have you there close!
 
I wish I was closer -- I would adore the opportunity to come and love on those babies for a few hours to let all of you guys take a break!
 
She is very lucky to have you. Bless you all and good luck with the tournament.
 
No Donna it will get easier when they get a littel older. Friends with triplets swear this! But this stage is so hard! I remember taking a shower so fast I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair and ended up drying it in. It was that day that a good friend told me it would hurt to let the baby cry long enough to take a shower. I did it a few times but it was not a happy experience. To this day I think I hear a baby crying every time I take a shower! Praying for you all. Remember you are a grandmother, not super woman!
 
I am so thankful everyone is doing so well--I have been keeping up with their pictures--and the babies look so healthy and beautiful!

As they get older--some things get harder--and some things get easier. I hope Diana is able to enjoy them--I know she has to be exhausted.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?