Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Birthdays, Trips and Memories


Today is my Mother’s birthday. I wrote a little about her last year. She is a very special lady. Being the youngest of ten children, she has always tried to take care of everyone else. I have cousins and aunts and uncles that would have had a real hard time dealing with many things in their lives if not for my Mom (and my Dad). They are always ready to lend a hand. Now they are going to need some help themselves. I know that her family will step up to the plate (especially me!). Happy Birthday Mom!






------
Tomorrow I leave for Mobile for the State Tennis Tournament. I remember leaving on this trip two years ago. Many things have changed in my life since then. I carry a different load of cares than I did then. I have not yet spent more than one day apart from the triplets. I dread missing them, but I do need to get away and just play hard!

-------

This morning I put on a dress that I remember a sweet lady complimenting me on. She has experienced her permanent transformation, but I can never wear this dress without thinking of her. Memorials don’t have to be in the cemetery. I can’t get a sense of a person my gazing at a headstone any more than I can by just closing my eyes and remembering. Today I am remembering my friend Angie, just where I am.

Comments:
I agree. I do better with a memory or a memory peg (like a photo). Cold tombstones don't bring to life (to me) the warmth and vitality of that person.

Good luck at the tournament!

Happy birthday, Donna's momma! : )
 
Sweet, sweet post... Bless you for blessing your mother.

I'll be rooting for you, Tennis Queen!
 
Mothers are always special! Happy Birthday, Mom!

Good luck at the tournament! Visualize!

Sweet memories bring joy to the heart.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?