Monday, June 05, 2006

Building Character

Well it was a weekend of character building. We did not win in our bracket on Saturday. It was a hard fought battle, we lost the first set after it went to tie-break 7-6. We won the second set 6-1, but then had to play a 10 point tie-break which we lost 10-8. I was feeling really down about this match because I was sure that we were the better team. But then yesterday I saw Maria Sharapova blow a 5-1 lead in the deciding set to lose 7-5. In tennis on any given day someone else can step us and counter every good shot that you make. Being sure that you are better is not a good strategy.

I guess the same thing could be said in life. We must realize that we can be weak, and the things that we think we have mastered might come up and overtake us if we are not anticipating the possibility.

They say you learn a lot more from your losses than you do from your wins, but all I really learned is that I don’t like to lose!

Comments:
I sure hope Jesus' words about the last being first work for losers & winners too! I don't like to lose either!
 
I'm not a good loser either. Hurts my feelings!
 
It is always more fun to win! You just can't win all the time.
 
Losing is not my thing either. But I reckon losing is like being on the anvil, no? Maybe you're being beat into a tool of noble purpose. ; )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?