Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Like a Prayer

My Mom is having back surgery on Monday. She has a condition called Spinal Stenosis which I had never heard of, but it seems is the number one reason for surgery in people over the age of 60! Anyway she called yesterday and asked me to have her added to our prayer list at church. I don’t think she knows about Blog Church, but I would love for you all to pray for her as well.

The odd thing is that for years my Mom would NEVER ask for prayers for herself. Somehow it seems that whole generation (at least locally) seemed to think it was a sign of weaknesses to admit that…you were weak! Hello! We are all weak. We either believe in the power of prayer or we don’t! My Mom is one of the best people I know, but I think she helped mess me up a little with this kind of thinking. Maybe I have helped to teach her a little in this area. I know that the last 10 years have been transforming to me in the way I pray and the way I ask others to pray for me. God loves it when we humble ourselves and admit that we are totally reliant on him. And I have felt the strength of having others pray for me, and a unity in Spirit when I am involved in praying for someone else.

So to let you know, you honor me when you ask me to pray for you. I am honored that you would pray for me. I KNOW that God heard you all praying for the health of the triplets and Diana. It has been AMAZING how he has blessed them in ways better than I even knew to ask.

Thank you Lord, for giving us the gift of prayer.

Comments:
donna,

i am praying for you and your mother. thanks for praying for me. thanks for having this blog. my spiritual life changed too about 10 years ago. it sure helped having a great wife that had so much support while we were in texas. as she learned more about prayer and how effective it is, i learned, as did our church. we all grew so much in calling on our Maker and Father. He is just waiting for us to ask Him for help.
 
donna,

i am praying for you and your mother. thanks for praying for me. thanks for having this blog. my spiritual life changed too about 10 years ago. it sure helped having a great wife that had so much support while we were in texas. as she learned more about prayer and how effective it is, i learned, as did our church. we all grew so much in calling on our Maker and Father. He is just waiting for us to ask Him for help.
 
Praying for your mom.
 
Donna, she will definitely be on our prayer list. Amen on the gift of prayer.
 
I will pray! Can you re-send me that e-mail?Third times a charm! Thanks!
 
Donna, I will pray for your Mom. My mother in law does the same thing, I guess they think that we shouldn't know that they are human beings too!! They are a very proud and private generation. But we can still pray for them...

Thanks for your prayers also!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?