Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A little competition

He has always been better at me…at everything. Some things are logical; I mean I know that I married a jock. He should be better at softball and football. He is much better at tennis; I used to could occasionally beat him at bowling. There was no point in me trying at golf. Sure my score was ALWAYS much higher, but I found out in golf that was not a good thing. The thing that frustrates me is the things I should be better at. He cooks better, he irons better, he cleans better, and he takes care of the flowers better. I guess the competitive edge should have been beaten out of me by now and I have mellowed a lot. But I keep trying; I would like to be the best at SOMETHING!

Well the newest insult is his amazing weight loss and fitness program. I have been going to the gym at 5:30 for three years now. I have jumped from one diet plan to the other. I play tennis three and four times a week. But in March David decided to lose weight and get in shape. Part of it was driven by his high blood pressure; part of it was realizing the BIG birthday hits this year. With a regiment of walking and reduced eating he has lost over 40 pounds! I don’t think he has an ounce of fat left on him. In the meantime I have neglected my workouts but not the drive up window at Dairy Queen. I blamed it on the babies, but I have been sporadically finding this weight he is shedding.

Inspired and motivated by that crazy little thing called competition, Terri and I started a walking program this morning. I am sure that in a few months I will be telling you that I am in a size 2 and all my friends will fear that I am anorexic. In the meantime I will fight off those urges to drive through at Dairy Queen and will resist the bags of M&M’s that continually jump in my cart at Wal-Mart.

Comments:
Yeah, I have one of those, too. It's almost sickening.
 
Girl! That was the best workout I've had in a while! I stopped on the way home and did lunges... I almost died.

By the way, I'm sorry about Jon hitting your site all the time. I had to stop blogging because he wouldn't stop reading me and he didn't need to be keeping up with me. He was even reading on his wedding day! I am sure that his wife would be hurt if she knew how much he thought about his past. He got exactly what he wanted.
 
Dear David you are now my hero. I walk four days a week about 3.2 miles each walk. I ride roughly 70 miles a week on the bike. I've gained 5 pounds. I promised myself I would be down to 235 by Thanksgiving. I won't give up the beer or do I have too.

Signed - 250 and holding
 
I've started a new plan myself, but I'm reluctant to share info on it because it makes me feel outside pressure. Does that make any sense?
I'm still carrying around the baby fat from my sons (yeah, yeah I know they are 11 and 15, but it's still all their fault!)
I'd like to hear just one time....
"GIRL STOP LOSING WEIGHT YOU ARE TOO THIN."
Good luck with the new plan!
 
How do these men do it? Sometimes I would swear Kevin just "thinks" about losing 5 pounds and has it done by Friday!

Just looked at the sweet picture of your baby girl sucking her thumb. It just doesn't get any cuter (or sweeter) than that!
 
I've decided to honor the M&M's wishes of self-sacrifice...least I can do...no, really. The very least I can do!
 
I love to walk...but I don't do it enough to lose 40 pounds! Go David! Maybe we all need a little competition to get going on this.
I walked my four miles yesterday but didn't walk any today...except round and round the swimming pool for eight hours and I have no way to measure that.
 
I can relate. 'Nuff said!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?