Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday

It was great to welcome our new preacher and his family today. I admit that I am already impressed. He remembered my Mom was having surgery and that I had triplets, plus he called me a hippy, but that is another story. It is amazing how well we like people when they take the time to know us. (I could learn a lot from that myself.) His memory gets a good work out, he memorizes his entire lesson, including all of the scriptures and preaches without notes.

It has been a long wait to have our new minister stand in the pulpit. It is good to be moving in a forward direction. I think the Forrest family will be a great addition to our church family.

Of course, this was his first day, and like he said, he was in a pressure pot. I think he handled the pressure with great finesse. The most important thing to me is I could see how excited he gets about bringing the word of God to a group of people.

Comments:
I'm home sick today. Yuk. Stomach bug.
Yesterday I was at a political function. I was amazed with other people's ability to not only remember my name, but remember my husband's name, the name of my kids and seem genuinely interested in me.
I can't seem to remember my own name from day to day.
How do they do that??????
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?