Monday, July 17, 2006

Thanks!

Thank you for your prayers. My Mom came through her surgery great. The Dr. was happy with her bones, saying they were in much better shape than he had feared. He also warned us that she would hate us all for the next three weeks. She will spend three months in a a back brace and the recovery will be brutal. But she was in good spirits when I left today (some of that may be the happy morphine pump) and was dealing with all of it much better than I had hoped.

As for my faith building question, my experience last week was at a business luncheon. The main speaker spoke freely of how God had led her to her job and how the lady who had hired her approached her after God had answered her prayers to find the right person. I know, we have this type of talk at church all the time, but when people truly share it wherever they are it boost my spirits and makes the Spirit soar!

Perhaps this week we can strive to demonstrate our faith when and where people least expect it!

Comments:
I tried that today. I mentioned a part of my job that I consider to be almost a ministry... it didn't appear to go over all that well... she wasn't from here and didn't know me.
 
I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well. I'll add her to my prayers (and you during these next three weeks!).

I've gotten off track with blogging and didn't realize her surgery already happened!
 
Praise God for good news!
Sharing your faith comes natural to me. I find that I have an easy time of publically giving God praise for things that happen in my life. It just kinda comes out. Where I have the problem is moving a step closer and venturing into their spiritual life and asking questions of them. I always feel "nosy" when I go there.
 
Very happy to hear your mother came through.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?