Saturday, July 22, 2006

Thunderstruck

There is nothing more relaxing than a nice rain storm on a hot summer day. I drove 45 minutes to Decatur this morning to play tennis only to be rained out. But my sweet husband took me to play when I got home where I could try out my new tennis racket. The rain has finally caught up with me again. So after sweating off some energy I am sitting in my recliner, listening to it thunder while sipping my favorite drink. Our satellite TV is out, the satellite internet service is down (rain clouds block both signals) so I am writing and then I will read! What fun. It has been hard for me to find the time to just sit down and relax in the last few months. I have often thought of rain as “permission” to slow down and just do nothing.

This morning on the way to Decatur I was listening to the book of Mark. Do you remember the guy that Jesus said was “not far” from the kingdom of God? The reason he was not far was because he realized that to love God with all of our heart soul and mind and our neighbor as ourselves is more important than burnt offering and sacrifices. I guess in our day we would say it is more important than church attendance and involvement in programs. If we use love as the measuring stick I wonder how many of us could say we are “not far” from the kingdom of God.

Comments:
I miss me a good thunderstorm. They don't have 'em out here. Enjoy!
 
Sounds like you are very close to the kindgom! Get the important stuff right and don't sweat the details!

Rain! Oh, that sounds great! We had a big cold front blow through here today and it cooled down to 96! It feels great today!
 
We got a bit of rain.

Today I've been listening to Zoe CDs again and I feel very near!
 
I was in Walmart so I just got close to a bunch of people so well, you know... thunder and all.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?