Friday, July 07, 2006

Week in Review

This year’s 4th was a little different for me. For the first time in many years I did not stress myself out about the house being clean (that may have to do with the fact I pay someone to clean it now). I did not worry about trying to spend time outside in the sun (cloudy day helped) I did not worry about trying to cook anything (just because!). I suspected the crowd would be down this year. I did not have time to personally invite many people (although they are supposed to know if they come once they are automatically re-invited as long as we live there) and Wednesday was a work day. I was correct about the size of the crowd but with three new babies in the house it still seemed like a house full. Everyone was there was very special to me. My sweet friends the Chambers were there. They have only missed one year (the year their son Josh was born on June 24th) since we have lived there. They were able to bring sweet Marie with them. I was glad she was there. Josh turned 10 this year, and my Matthew was pretty sure he was there to entertain him. Jane Ann said it was only fair since he used to do the same to Derek and Diana. He was incredibly patient with a rowdy almost 2 year old.

I watched the fireworks from inside the house while holding a baby. It was still a great show. Everyone left right after the fireworks and David and I had cleaned up and sat down to watch some of the Braves game by 10:00!! Some years the last people can’t even get out of the driveway until after 11:00. I had around 25 hotdogs left over and probably 100 can cokes….but maybe I will have another party soon!

In other news I am wearing my reading glasses on top of my head today. There is some conspiracy afoot where everyone tries to see how small they can print things! I finally have given in and realized I needed help to read some of it. But I don’t like it!

The Braves tried to lose last night, they blew a 5 run lead in the top of the ninth to let the Red’s tie things up. Fortunately they came back to win in the 10th…. I don’t know if I am cut out to be a Braves fan this year.

Have a great weekend!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?