Monday, July 10, 2006

Whadaweekend

Last night Ali woke me up around 1:30. She went right back to sleep with her pacifier and I was grateful I was able to look out and see the full moon on the water. I started thinking how amazing nature had been this weekend, I enjoyed this lovely moon, we saw a beautiful sunset from the boat Saturday night and I got to see a Mother duck with 8 little babies swimming by my boat dock on Saturday.

As weekends go, I would have to say this was a good one. David and I got to go out and eat Friday night, one of our old traditions that have fallen by the wayside in our new role as grandparents to triplets. We were going to the movie, but evidently the rest of our fair town had the same ideal. Rather than fight the crowds we went to Dairy Queen and then home to watch a DVD.

Saturday morning I played a great tennis match with a partner named David. We had a lot of fun and more importantly we won! I came home and watched some more tennis (man I miss Wimbledon already) before heading out to ride my SeaDoo. In the meantime David- not tennis David- had bought groceries and prepared to grill out. We had some good friends over for dinner and had a wonderful time laughing and talking. I was asked if I realize how lucky I am to have my David….yes, I know!

When they left we went out in the boat(where we saw the amazing sunset) and then drove into town to see Matthew. The Braves decided to get fired up before the All Star break and had a couple of impressive wins over the weekend. Junior finished 5th in the race Sunday and the girls beat the boys yet again!!

After church yesterday I brought the triplets home with me. They were all so sweet, but they did demand all of my energy. I did not leave the house after I got home around 1:00 p.m. Ah, but they are so sweet. It does my heart good to play with them.

I do have a prayer request. While I was enjoying my weekend tragedy struck one of my relatives. My 2nd cousin lost his 10 year old son in a 4 wheeler accident. I covet your prayers for my cousin Randall and his family. My heart breaks just thinking about losing a child.

Comments:
I'm so sorry for Randall. We just don't know what is in store for us here on the planet! I know who's waiting in the next place!
 
Sorry to hear about your cousin's son. I will pray for your family. I am glad you had a good weekend with David, tennis, and friends. Living by the lake must be a lot of fun.
 
I can't imagine that kind of pain... Thank you for sharing that with us to pray about.

You did have quite a weekend, girlie! I am sad to not have any tennis to look forward to tonight...
 
I'm praying for your cousin and us boys that took the whuppin.
 
Donna,my prayers for the family, for you as you minister to them and to God's tremendous mercy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?