Thursday, August 17, 2006

Book Tag..

I have been tagged a couple of times on this one. It is about my beloved books! My taste in books is almost as eclectic as my taste for food. Most of these questions could be answered with multiple books, but I will try to make it simple and fun.

  1. One book that changed your life: “What Happens When Women Pray” by Evelyn Christianson: It was not the book so much that changed my life, but the group that I studied it with. I learned a new power in personal and group prayer. I learned the power of a small group community. I learned that in a small group setting you could find intimacy and you could feel the Spirit among you. Also the formation of this group helped me to explore more and more books to try and study with the group.
  2. One book that you’ve read more than once: You could pick almost any book in my library for this one. I am going to go with Joe Beam’s “Forgiven Forever”. I need the reminder that God is forgiving and has already forgiven me of some of the things that I just don’t seem to let go of. Having a background of guilt made it hard for me to accept the fact that forgiveness was for real….even when we don’t deserve it.
  3. One book you’d want on a desert island: JD stole my answer but I will use it anyway. I would want Dallas Willard’s “The Divine Conspiracy”. It took me a year and a half to read it the first time and I know I missed much of its depth and richness. I would love to have time to linger over each and every thought. Of course I wouldn’t mind having a survivor’s guide book as well….
  4. One book that made you laugh: All of the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum (“One for the Money” “Two for the Show” et al…) books. I mean the very ideal of a girl who used to sale underwear turning into a bounty hunter with a large spandex wearing former lady of the streets sidekick just cracks me up….
  5. One book that made you cry: Again, pick a book, any book…. But I will go with “The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe” from the Chronicles of Narnia ( C.S. Lewis).
  6. One book you wish had been written: How to Bear and Raise Children While Staying Sane and Thin and Eating All of the Chocolate You Want….
  7. One book you wish had never been written: “Who Moved My Cheese”….who cares.
  8. One book you’re currently reading: N.T. Wright’s “Simply Christian” and I am loving it but I can’t find the time to read like I want to.
  9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Anne Lamont’s “Traveling Mercies- Some Thoughts on Faith” and “Mere Discipleship” by Lee Camp (oops I broke the rules that was two)


Number 10 was supposed to be for me to tag five more people, but I am just going to say this is a fun and informative tag….do it when you have blogger’s block!


Comments:
just curious at what you sobbed over?
 
1. One book that changed your life: See Spot Run....I wanted to read so bad.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Old Man and the Sea.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Ram Dass - Learning To Die
4. One book that made you laugh: All Over but the Shoutin.
5. One book that made you cry: All Over but the Shoutin.
6. One book you wish had been written: Craig's guide to his own private universe.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Joe Namath - I Can't Wait Till Tomorrow because I get better lookin every day.
8. One book you’re currently reading: 1776
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: good question...hmmmm...I don't know.....I do want to read the Koran but always think my time would be better spent reading scripture...
 
One book I'm meaning to read is called "19 Weeks:America, Britain, and the Fateful Summer of 1940 by Norman Moss" I'm not a huge History buff, but my Grandma was in London during this time & she talks about the bombings, so I'm interested to read it. Anyone out there read it?
 
Hey Donna your skirts is kind of short today...
 
i tagged you because you like to read and i knew you would do it. what did make you cry?
 
forgot to mention that i think i will read "simply christian" next/soon. i've heard a good bit about it.

has anybody read "heaven" by randy alcorn?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Have you read Joe Beam's latest? We will have animals in Heaven! Maybe.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?