Thursday, August 10, 2006

Peace

Sometimes I let things get to me and get weighed down with things that are temporary and don’t really matter. Then sometimes I get a message from God. Many of you have told me that you wished me peace or that you were praying for peace for me. Last night I was still for a minute and I felt that wonderful peace wash over me.

I got home around 8:00 p.m. I took a chew bone down to give it to the dogs. I looked out at the lake but realized a tree was blocking my view of the moon. I stepped out on onto the stairs that lead to the level before the steep descent to the water. There was a cool breeze coming off of the lake and blowing through the trees. The moon was absolutely beautiful playing off of the water. I just stood there for awhile and soaked in the peace of the moment. God brought to my mind the many ways that my life is blessed.

While I sometimes feel the pressure of being pulled in a several different directions, I have job that allows me the flexibility to handle what I need to. I am very blessed to still be able to care for my Mom & Dad and have them as part of my life. I am fortunate to have my children live in the same town that I do. My children have both chose wonderful mates and have enriched my life with four beautiful grandchildren. I have been blessed with good health, great friends, adequate intelligence, marvelous family and the most amazing husband on earth. Though I may occasionally feel totally wiped out, I know that I have been very blessed indeed.

I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. Don’t be troubled or afraid. - John 14:27 NLT

Comments:
Amen dear friend.
 
I just love it when God gives His peace like that!
 
Peace is good. That deck of yours is a great place to find it. You have a beautiful view from there.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?