Saturday, August 12, 2006

Raindrops and tennis tournaments



There has been quite a bit of rain in North Alabama this weekend. However it seems that whenever I have to play tennis.....it don't rain there. I was playing my second ever independent tennis tournament this weekend. We played a level higer than we are ranked and we played very well. However, we fell short in both of our matches. We will get them next time!






One of the girls who went to state with our team in June brought her husband along. He made these pictures. I like this one just because of the ugly but intense look on my face! Man it was hot down there!






This is our complete team that went to State.....We truly appear to be the "not ready for prime time" players! But we had fun! I am on the far right next to my partner Stacy.

Comments:
i guess i'll go have a beer.. to hot for tennis...
 
i was just up there in n.a. earlier this week (wednesday and thursday) for my aunt's funeral. its sad that it seems like most of my trips up there recently were for funerals. the last time i was there a few months ago, it was for my uncle's funeral.

my dad lost his last remaining member of his imediate family this past tuesday. she suffered with alzheimers(?). she was a lovely lady with a quirky sense of humor like mine. now i know where i got it.

home is rainsville. like i had mentioned on my blog, when i started it, this is the first time i have lived in alabama my entire life. my dad was career air force, and i joined the navy while he was still in. they moved back home after he retired. i live in l.a. now with my lovely wife, and beautiful daughter.

this is getting longer than intended. i only wanted to say that i drove through the rain you were talking about, and it was nice enough to hold off until after the graveside service.

way to go on the tennis stuff! i did my first assistant reffing yesterday. i only did the second half of a U14 girls game, but that was enough.
 
Great pics!!! Sooooo Young!!!!! and I thought you were a grandmother to triplets? :^D
 
you know ... i just read my comment and there was nothing about you in it. like the others said, you look really good out there! and especially for a grandmother of triplets!

WAY TO GO!!
 
Aren't you the cool grandma!
I love that look on your face!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?