Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday

Well, I am playing on Sunday in a tennis tournament today! That should be GREAT news! But the truth is we are playing in the consolation round....that sounds so much like the "loser round" . This is my third tournament (not including the State) this summer and I am playing with my 3rd different partner. We have not really played together but three or four times prior to this tournament and those times were over a year ago. But we played well and jumped out to win the first set 6-2. We quickly got behind in the second set 5-0. But with great grit and determination we fought back to 5-3. We couldn't break serve to keep it going but had momentum going into the tie-break. Unfortunately we lost 10-8 in the tie break. Today we have the opportunity to be the best of the losers! And I am looking forward to it!

I am sitting with my lap-top watching Roddick play tennis in the finals while anticipating the start of the race and flipping every once in a while to see the Braves score. Well we were checking Tiger's shots out too until David left to go to Books-A-Million. I think I missed a good opportunity to be a "guy".

Anyway if I can get my serve and my ground strokes to work like Roddick's today, we should come home victorious. If not I will at least come home saying I have had fun.
-----
I was sitting in the front of the chapel during Sunday School this morning watching people get out of their cars to come into the building for worship services. I was amazed at the number of people I did not know at all. I stuck around after church to try and see my cousin's new granddaughter. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a while, but I know I missed seeing many more. There is a down side to growth....

Comments:
What a day! You cover more ground sitting still that I do at a full trot!
 
How 'bout your boy Roddick?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?