Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tennis Anyone?

I am loving watching the US Open. I don’t know how far Agassi can make it, but I would love to see him play a few more times. I played myself last night and I am finding a new aggressiveness to my game that really seems to help my play. The two factors that make me a more effective player are being aggressive and having confidence. The confidence is a result of practice and lots of play time; only then can I have the feeling that I CAN do it.

I guess the same could be said for our service to God. I will have to get out there and actually risk doing some things wrong, perhaps even causing more experienced people to shake their heads and wonder why I even bother. But what a great coach we have in our corner. We can not fail when we are doing his will and giving him the glory. When we can get our focus off of how will “we look” and onto how he can “be honored” we will get out and “just do it!”

So….tennis anyone?

Comments:
Yes, God is your coach... and you'll always have all of us in your corner, cheering you on! Aren't the first few steps always the hardest?

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Eliot

(I'll be watching Agassi with you...)
 
Improving your serve is something all Christians need to work on. We already have vollying and footwork down pat.

I have tagged you. Go to my blog for details.
 
In tennis you need to be good. With God it is more about availability than ability.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?