Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Today....

This afternoon we drove over to the park. The air was filled with the soft aroma of freshly cut grass. In the distance you could still hear the steady roar of the bush-hog, trying to manicure the grass to perfection. If the motors quieted you could hear the beautiful sing-song of the tree frogs and crickets as they celebrated the coming of the cooler night. The sun was making its final descent while reflecting a beautiful magenta hue in the western sky. I sat barefoot in my blue jean shorts on the tailgate of the truck. I watched the graceful flight of the small radio controlled helicopter as my husband worked his magic on the joysticks. I had brought along a book, making the evening almost perfect. The other sounds were sometimes eclipsed by the sound of a bass boat searching for that perfect fishing spot. I am not sure why you have to drive a boat at full throttle to find the best spot, but if I had to guess I would say it is because you can. I was reading about the kingdom that arrived. I was excited about the kingdom to come, and yet words I had read earlier echoed in my mind. “the key to happiness is to like what you’ve got and want what you have”. Today contentment flooded my soul.

Comments:
I wish that I could feel contentment. I feel so hurried, worried and confused for some reason lately. I have got to STOP and take some time to just enjoy my life. Thanks for encouraging me and letting me imagine. Of course in this TEXAS 105 + heat I am NOT sitting on anyones tailgate! Thanks for the vision.
 
Life is good! If we could only be contented with contentment...or something like that. I want to see that helicopter fly sometime! Sounds like a peaceful place to play.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?