Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Another Manic Monday

Monday was a day of mixed emotions. The day started off with me remembering I had committed to play tennis with the Birmingham team today. I had asked for limited play since our day changed from Wednesday to Monday. It is hard to be out of the office on Monday. However when I came by to let the boss know I wasn’t going to be here, he reacted in a VERY negative way. Needless to say I got my “dander” up. Part of the deal of working on full commission is supposed to be the flexibility. I don’t want to be yelled at for taking off a Monday morning when there were only two people in the office on Friday afternoon. (and I was one of them!)

However, the day was perfect for playing tennis and I had a great time enjoying the camaraderie and the sunshine. We topped it off with a wonderful lunch that I was not going to stay for, but I decided…what the heck! I might as well make him as mad as he had made me.

On the way back I got a call from Diana. Eli had some blood in his urine and she needed to take him to the Doctor. So I rushed to her house to keep the girls while she took him in . OK, so now I have taken a whole Monday off, but you know what? Those babies, my family, come first. Today may not be pleasant, but I am praying real hard that the Spirit will lead me in the words I am going to say. Eli has a urinary tract infection. He seems to be in good spirits and eating well. The antibiotics must be working. It is scary when those little ones get sick.

When they got back from the Doctor I went back into town to get his medicine and then went to a tennis meeting and played tennis again. I don’t know, maybe I need to re-prioritize tennis in my life. I guess I went too many years without a competitive outlet. I sure do enjoy it. But, I know I must do some adjusting to my schedule.

I have been revisiting a book that made a positive impact in my life two years ago. I seem to have slipped backwards from some of the forward progress I felt I had made. I don’t even know what to tell you is wrong, but I do know that something is. I will let you know how it goes. My prayer for today is to take deep breaths and feel the Spirit inside of me before I open my mouth!

Comments:
I won't attempt to fix anything for you but I will be praying for you.
 
Sounds like your Tuesday is potentially another Monday. Look at it this way... You sorta get a do-over! And it'll be a short week!

It's odd just how much mental coaching it takes to get through a single day.

Here's to hoping that you have some great internal conversations with God today...
 
Your priorities are in the right place by bowing up to the boss; family trumps financials. Will remember the tiny tot during his illness. When I'm stressed I like to hum the song,"Be Still & Know That I Am God." Wednesday will be better I'm betting.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?