Friday, September 29, 2006

Differences

It is great that we are all so different. It would be a boring and crowded world if we all “loved” the same things.

Take yesterday for instance; many people were very excited that George W. was in Birmingham doing a campaign bit for our Governor Riley. Neither politics nor politicians excite me very much but I was glad some of my good friends especially my favorite judge- Terri T. had a chance to enjoy the event.


However, last night I heard that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was in Talladega giving rides on the newly paved race track in MY CAR! Well it was a black Monte Carlo SS and mine is silver, but still it was my car. Now I would have paid good money for the opportunity to take that ride along.

It is comforting that our God made us and knows all of the ways that we are different. It is good to know that he does not expect me to be able to sing like Susie or bake like Terri (the princess not the judge)or for that matter be able to discern the law like the Judge Terri T. What he does want is what I do have. He does not want me to hide out and say “but I don’t know what my gift is”. I have been guilty of saying that and I am not sure it is not true to some extent. But I CAN do what I know to do. That is not really so much for him to ask of me…or of you

Comments:
I'm so excited for Judge Terri that she got to meet President Bush. That's all Momma & I talked about yesterday (well, that and Judge Terri's prayer for her opponent--ROFLOL!). And I thought about Judge Terri as I watched Air Force One land yesterday. How neat! : )
 
BTW--thank you for your sweet compliment. I would love to have a talent like yours for teaching a ladies class. : )
 
Great thoughts, Donna!

It truly is comforting to know that God who made us all different in so many ways and knows us from the inside out, even our weaknesses and sins, still chooses to work in our lives and through our lives...just as God has used your blog to cheer my heart today!

God bless you, sister!
-bill
 
Well, I know you are good at blogging! There are probably a lot of other things you do quite well too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?