Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Update

WARNING: Mostly boring personal stuff ahead...
*****************

My brother says I don’t give any real information on my blog…I just tell you what I am thinking. Well, I am sure most of you could care less about the details of my life, but just for him I will hit a few high points.

First of all he was home for the weekend. He flew in late Friday night and is having to leave out again today. I am glad that both of my brothers made the time to come and spend with my Mom & Dad. Mom continues to improve and is getting faster and faster with her walker, but the recovery is still long and hard. It is strange to be at her house and waiting on her hand and foot, but it is a pleasure to do so. She was upset the other day when she got the letter from the Doctor that would allow her to get her blue parking pass. It stated that her disabilty was permanent. She said the Doctor didn’t know everything, and I do believe that she is right. I am hoping that in the next few months they will seriously consider moving closer into town. They live over 20 miles out in the country and it would be better for them and easier for me to swing by and check on them. I think it is what they really want to do so I hope I can help them to do it.

Yesterday we went to visit at Crossbridge. I don’t really know how to express how comfortable and at home I feel when I am there. I know that the Spirit always moves me there and opens my eyes to the beauty of fellowship. Gary is a powerful and positive speaker and he makes the Word come alive. I truly love to be with my brothers and sisters in that place.

This will be a tough week. Thursday will be the one year anniversary of Scotty’s death. Derek is doing fine but I know it will all come rushing in later in the week. I know I can get a little sick thinking about it all.

We knew at this time last year that we were going to have a baby…we were not yet informed that it was more than one, let alone three, but it was during the month of September. The babies are growing and have been completely healthy. That is such a blessing. I cannot describe to you how difficult it is to take them anywhere without having one adult per baby. They are truly a handful. Yet I love them so much and miss them when I go one day without seeing them. In some little way I think they may miss me too.

Hope you are all having a great Labor Day. I hope you are off work and getting ready to watch some of the US Open. What a great send off to Agassi yesterday. I hope that in my life I will have a small group (I don’t even dream of adoring millions) who will think that I have added something to their lives by sharing some of my life with them.

Blessings!

Comments:
I know of a Bible class that feels like you add to their lives . . .

Sending up a prayer for an added blessing for your son as he remembers his friend.
 
I enjoy your personal stuff ;-)!!!

I am praying God will go before you and Derek this week--I know it will be tough!

So glad you get to enjoy those babes!!
 
Cheering, blowing kisses and bowing in your honor...

Love,
Angie
 
When you are famous one day, will you get me tickets to your events?!!!!
You add to my life daily when I visit your little blogspot!
 
I looked for you today... I guess you were watching tennis. Mother said that it would be cool on the water today... (?)

I burned my skin!
 
RE: 1st paragraph.

Since when has what you're thinking not been information, and useful information at that?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?