Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Life is a Journey


Note to self: When packing clothes to get ready at the office remember your shoes!!







I had a great weekend. Yesterday I actually got to enjoy some time out on the lake. I decided to travel to the dam since Terri said she got lost going there on Saturday. Finding it was not a problem, even though I think it may have moved a few miles. However when I was coming back I turned into the wrong slough…..three different times. The thing was the real turn off looked like a dead end but had a sharp left hand turn at the back of it. Well, I finally realized it had to be that one and proceeded in. I truly felt that I was traveling by faith and instinct. It is amazing how much rocks and water look alike. All of the boats that were in my way as I was on the approach part of my journey had suddenly disappeared. I made several decisions about which way to go that all turned out to be correct and I did not have to back track. But I could see how easy it would be to choose the wrong path.

Sometimes our paths in life are like that. It is not always clear which way we should go. There are no big signs pointing out the way (unless Happy has been there ;)). We sometimes have to go on instinct and realize that we may have to turn around and come back if we make the wrong choice. I believe that we are added to the Kingdom of God when we make the choice to follow him. Therefore our life here on earth is more about the journey than a destination (I know Aerosmith said it first). I don’t think it is ever mapped out for us but becomes an adventure of choice. As long as we are seeking God and living in the Kingdom our choices will become the right choices. It is when we head off in a direction that we know we shouldn’t go that we get in trouble that or when we head off without enough fuel (support) to make the journey.

Let’s get out there and enjoy the journey!

Comments:
Thank you for making me feel less stupid.
 
It was a great weekend to be out on the lake! I talked to a guy in a boat shop yesterday that said he had gotten lost all over the lake. He was an oldtimer and knew the lake pretty well but even for him there were challenging moments.

I like you line on faith and instinct. We can't always see what is around the bend. It may or may not look right but sometimes we must forge ahead anyway.
 
I want to respond to this but I'm really tired and you can't bait me.

On the other side of things I like what Wright said in "simply christian" we are the intersection between heaven and earth. That makes salt and light seem so much more important well at least in my world.
 
I love how you take everyday things and make a life lesson out of them. : )

Looking forward to class . . .

: )
 
I've forgotten shoes a couple of times. Once I had to go to Payless and ran into my boss on the way back. He took pains to explain to me the difference between a two-fer and a buy one, get the second half-price sale.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?