Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mixed Doubles

Well, David and I played in our first tennis tournament together this weekend and it was a lot of fun. We didn't win...but we realized we could play together and as we practice we should be able to win! We really had a good time and it was a great way to spend our Saturday together. We also had time to go eat and hit the bookstore (and he hit some tool and hobby stores) while we were waiting on our match. (BTW we played to a third set tie break even though we kept three 6 month old babies all night last night!)

We are both competitive enough to want to play well without being so competitve we throw our rackets around or hit the ball flying.....I hate that!

If anything is worth doing it is worth doing right, to the best of our ability. If I can't play and still show the love of Jesus to my competitors....then I will not play! It was a good day! Hope you had one as well!

Comments:
That's the spirit. Maybe you would have won on a full night's sleep.
Swing away. (Sorry about the Bama game; I was pulling for 'em)
 
Good for you guys. That is great that you can do that together!

I see that little competitive edge there....wait till the race tomorrow!
 
I did have a good day, other than the Bama loss. I thought Shula was gutsier this week compared to last Saturday...just wish it could have paid off!
 
I think that is so neat that you and David get to play together. : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?