Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Taking out the trash

Tuesday was a much better day, thank you all for your prayers, especially for little Eli. He is responding favorably to the antibiotics, but is not quite his usual bubbly self yet. I managed to bite my tongue when I wanted to lash out at work and things are fine. I will have a talk with him soon about dual standards but I felt that would be handled a little better when emotions were less raw!

This morning there are 238 unread emails in my box! Now some of those I read at home or on my PDA and that is why they are sitting there unread. Others are from lenders who send me a dozen rate sheets and program changes every day, I just haven’t had time to go through and delete what I don’t need. Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a little trash can in our brain and could just move stuff over to the “trash bin” when we didn’t need it anymore? Better yet is the “shift-delete” which removes it forever!! I really need one of those in my brain. It disturbs me how much time I spend thinking about things that should have long ago been in the trash.

I am looking forward to getting together with the ladies in our class tonight. I was bombarded with signs from God to teach from a different book than I had originally planned. I will tell you that whole story tomorrow. For now, have a wonderful day and figure out how to “delete” the extra baggage today!! (and then let me know how)

Comments:
Glad Eli is better.
 
I have had the same junk email account for years that I use when placing any order it has on average 80 emails a day of which I delete 75. Keeps my personal email open.

Ready to hear you story about Wednesday Night.
 
Ooooh. I hope nothing happens to keep me at work this evening. Terri's bringing cookies!

Are you still looking at the Mary/Martha book?
 
I SO wish I could trash some of my brain baggage. I think I'm afraid I'll make the same mistakes again if I don't hold on to it.

I'm praying for Eli that he's back to his smiley self soon.

Can't wait to hear about ladies class!
 
Hey wait! Some people's trash are other people's treasure!!!
 
That is a great idea...a little trash can bin in our brains. The only problem is that I can't seem to quit digging back through it. The shift delete? Did you spell that right?
 
Cute Mark....maybe I did spell it wrong!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?