Saturday, September 23, 2006

Tough Day

Well congratulations to the Arkansas Razorbacks.....I am sure you are enjoying the win just as much as I am lamenting the loss.

I sure feel sorry for Alabama's young kicker. I would hate to be in his shoes tonight. I hope he has many more avenues to maintain positive self-esteem. We all know how rude and crude people can be when it comes to college football. Even a few people I otherwise have great respect for seem to think it is OK to tear somebody down over a college football game.

I saw great promise from our young quarterback. I think the Tide will see better days ahead.

Comments:
What happened? The hogs get the best of them? Sounds like the kicker miss an opportunity. That is tough.
 
I hope that for every negative word that someone says to him, he gets two positive words from somewhere else. Perhaps John Vaughn--who can certainly relate--can reach out to him and give him some encouragement.

And hopefully there will soon be a chance for redemption--perhaps next weekend against the Gators!
 
The whole family came over to my house for the game. We were just sick about it. Much to the chagrin of all the males in my family, I keep saying how sorry I feel for the Van Tiffen family. I feel sorry for the kicker, but also his mother and dad. He had some BIG shoes to fill! We were also all commenting on the quarterback. Lots of confidence in him. Baylor lost in overtime last night. Not a good day for football.
 
As much as I enjoy the Hogs being 2-0 in SEC play,(and its been 8 long years)I can't help but feel the pain for Tiffin. The kid is so much better than that and will hopefully bounce back. It could just as easily have happened to our kicker, believe me. I'll pull for Bama from here on out, Donna; especially against Tubby's Tigers. Maybe you can beat the gators on a last second field goal this weekend. JP Wilson could play for anybody in the country!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?