Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Autumn of Life

I love the change of seasons. I love driving home each day and seeing more and more trees in the full color of autumn. I am amazed by how God paints his world and even more amazed that this incredible beauty is actually a sign of death. The leaves turn slowly and most vibrantly when they have been nourished with lots of water. Many times a dry summer will result in an almost non-existent fall when the leaves just turn brown and fall off of the tree.

God is a master planner. His desire for us is to age beautifully and gracefully as the leaves on the trees. But when our lives become a drought, when we fail to quench our thirst for him and the good things he has blessed us with we just become withered, dry and ugly.

Some trees need different amounts of water than others. Some are evergreen and seem ageless regardless of how much rain falls. People too have different needs. I hope I find the nourishment I need to grow more beautiful before I step over into eternity. And while your needs may be different than mine, I hope you find the same nourishment in your life.

Comments:
I love your analogies!!!! I'm looking out my window at my dogwood tree right now & it's gorgeous! I, too, want to grow more beautiful as I age, but with the beauty that comes from a quiet, gentle spirit. (OK - maybe not the quiet part!)
 
you have such a great take on life. i come to your blog frequently, not always commenting, but leaving better than when i got there.

i also was looking at my last post and i looked at the comments, and your pic was there. i moved my mouse over it, and i would swear that it changed from you grinning to a bright smile ... a joyful transformation. it might be just my eyes going, but i thought how cool with you talking about transformation in life, and the name of your blog ...

thank you for always commenting on my blog, and for your prayers. they have helped.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?