Friday, October 13, 2006

Beautiful Morning in Dixie

This was the view as I was getting in my car this morning. Makes a girl want to stay at home. It was 40 degrees on my way to work! I love the days when you run the heater in the morning and the a/c in the afternoon. The weather is fabulous right now!

I was thinking about this picture and how many things in this view are in my power to control. We are actually thinking about cutting down that tree, it is obscuring more and more of our view of the lake. But for the most part God controls what you see here. The neat thing is the steam coming off of the water and the sun reflecting off of the trees. Breathtaking. Maybe we should just have a "blogger retreat" on my deck...what do you think?

But back to the control thing; how much time and energy do we spend worrying or working to change or enhance something that was a gift from God in the first place. I can never make my legs longer or my hips smaller (in proportion to everything else). Even our sense of pride gets caught up in things that we did nothing to have. I can keep my mind sharp, but the fact that I think at all is a gift from God. I need to retrain my thinking to be thankful for the things that I have been blessed with, and when looking at the long legs or awesome arms in others, realize that just like this beautiful lake, it is God's painting, and something I should admire and not something I should be jealous over. If I count my blessings I may discover I don't really have room for anymore!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (NIV) Isaiah 55:8-9


Comments:
It was still full dark this morning when I left home, but I could see part of the sunrise when I got to work -- that always captures my attention when I'm up early enough to see it!
 
I love that view! That looks like a perfect spot for a blogger retreat. That is neat you get to enjoy it all the time. We had our first frost of the year this morning. Fall is here.
 
Why don't you just go ahead and say it. You are jealous of my hips. I know you are.

:-)
 
If I had that view outside my house I would never go to work at all. Thanks for the picture worth a thousand words and your written words also. Have a great weekend.
 
Blogger retreat on your deck? I'm there! Just name the day and time. I can visit my aunt and uncle in Killen on the way!
 
Beautiful thoughts, gorgeous pic, great idea on the retreat. I think you have a quourm. I'm bringing chicken wings.
 
Nice picture. I took a couple yesterday at a park near our house. The leaves over the pond were beautiful. I wanted to put one on my blog. Unfortunately we don't have a dig camera, so by the time we finish the role I started yesterday, and get them developed and put on a disc, it will be spring.

Just getting around to visiting your site. Thanks for reading and commenting on mine.
God bless
brian
 
I'll bring the snacks to the retreat, Donna! Sounds like some view (one of your many, many blessings in life). - Tamie
 
Blogger retreat sounds great! We are tentatively planning a trip to AL in January. Its just been too long since I was there.
 
Blogger retreat just a few minutes south of me....awesome....WILL BRING FOOD!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?