Friday, October 27, 2006

Fall Back


So, here it is the last Friday in October, the last two days of daylight savings time, the World Series is half over, there are only four races left this season…it is that time of the year; time to crawl into a cave and hibernate.


But then we would miss Thanksgiving and Christmas not to mention the Super Bowl and the beginning of “24”. So I guess once again I will stay awake and try to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the next two months.

Is it just me or does the months just click off a lot faster than they used to? It seems like I can’t get my summer clothes sorted properly before it is time to put them away again. I don’t guess there is anyway to slow down the passing of time, but I can try to slow myself down. I can enjoy each day more and spend time with those people I love. I can also spend more time with people who need me. That is harder somehow though. It is easy to get more and more selfish with your time when it feels like it is out of control. That is why I have to keep reminding myself.

Have a wonderful weekend blog-world. And don’t forget to “Fall-Back” Saturday night….see, I just found you an extra hour!!

Comments:
Great post! I have been trying to slow myself down this week after spending a hectic couple of weeks getting everything done. It has been wonderful!
 
I get TWO hours this weekend as I have to fly to Wichita (central time) on Saturday to speak there on Sunday. Aww... the bliss of sleeping on Sunday morning. For a bit. Good post, as always.
 
I am looking forward to getting my extra sleep. But truth be told I probably will wake up EARLY, :-(

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
 
I really need that extra hour! Thanks.
 
Time flies...whether you are having fun or not!
 
I totally spaced on setting the clock back... Thanks for the reminder, and for the extra hour!!!
 
You sort your summer clothes? I got just 2 piles...whites and colors! I heard that the lawmakers are changing DST to begin earlier in 2007, first week in March and go through the third week in November or something like that. Personally, I like the extra daylight after work. Good post.
 
I feel cheated all year until I get my hour back. My preference would be to just stick with Day Light Savings time and not have to remember to set clocks. But then how would we remember to check our smoke detectors?? Oh well...
 
I needed that hour this morning too! I was even early to Sunday School. WOW...one day a year I am early. I don't understand all this time changing stuff and don't particularly know who to complain to. I know what you mean about the clothes sorting thing. At least in Texas we can leave alot of the same stuff. It never gets that cold. I can't remember when I really needed a coat for more than a day or two.
 
The perception of time does move faster "as time goes on." It is an amazing thing that my mom would tell me about. The positive thing about this is that if I am going through a difficult time, it seems to go by faster. Does that make sense?
 
It seems to me that with each child I've gained, the time goes that much faster. I can only imagine how fast it must go for you with 4 grandchildren! : O
; )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?