Saturday, October 07, 2006

Living on the Edge

It seemed the day was meant to be filled with close calls. I ran by the carwash to have the hot-rod all shiny before I picked up the princess. I was on a different street than I normally travel and with my keen sense of adventure I decided to travel yet another street that I seldom see. As I approached the stop sign that indicted the end of the road I could see a big truck coming from my left and a white car approaching from my right…..I had time to make it between them so I took off. What I failed to see was the black car that was in front of the white car. With lots of commotion and abuse of breaks and power steering we avoided a collision. It was my fault! But I was spared. Then interesting part of this was I had that strange feeling when I turned on that road that God wanted to show me something or possibly to keep me from something by going that way. I think he wanted to show me that he was in control. You would think I would have gotten the message.

After I picked Terri up, we proceeded through her residential neighborhood. We ended up on this street that has two way stop signs at which I was supposed to stop. I did. The truck coming from the direction that was not supposed to stop, stopped too! I motioned for him to go on….he didn’t trust me (perhaps an APB had been put out on my car) anyway he finally turned in front of me….ever so slowly. When at last he was by me I proceeded to go, unaware of the black Honda Accord (black cars…my nemesis?) barreling down the street totally unfazed by my lack of stopping. She would just drive through me. Just in time with a crappy little word escaping the lips of me and my passenger we stopped, she swerved and I was spared once more.

Then last night I seemed to have forgotten my close calls during the day. Yes we had spoke of being nearer to God during the Zoe session. I was full and feeling close. I temporarily forgot all danger and launched out to once more laugh in the face of death. You see I ordered spinach dip at O’Charleys. What was I thinking? Had my close calls given me a false sense of invisibility? The sad thing is I was totally unaware of my folly until I got back in the room and saw this picture on Lee Hodges blog.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thank you Lord for watching after me!

Comments:
Wow! I am glad you were saved from all those close calls! Be careful out there!
 
i have the same problem with my company car. it seems to be a wreck magnet, or at least people that want to crash into it. i have to be on guard everytime i am in that thing.

i liked the pic of popeye. i got that one along with another in an e-mail and it was a cartoon with olive at popeye's gave, and the enscription on the tombstone read something like this:

"Here lies Popeye.
He was strong to the finish,
until he ate some bad spinach."
 
Donna, I think it must've been a full moon! There have been all kinds of traffic mishaps all weekend! I was afraid to drive home from work! Glad you came out okay. : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?