Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Painted Sky

I will stay away from wardrobe malfunctions today….apparently it makes some folks nervous….but for the record by the end of the day yesterday there was a ¼ inch strip holding one side of said panty hose together….today I am wearing pants!

Last night the sky was painted so beautifully. There was an amazing sunset, a small sliver of a moon and a flock of geese (or some birds that fly in a v-formation) flying south. I just put my racket down and enjoyed the vision for a minute.

And then I wondered…..if flying in a “V” is the most aerodynamic…how long will it be before NASCAR tries it? Gotcha! You were expecting some deep profound thought.

You know sometimes we need to not think so much. We need to just look and enjoy the beauty that God has surrounded us with and whisper a gentle “thank-you”.

Comments:
I saw that same sight last night (minus the geese) & I stopped & just looked at it for a moment too. The moon was gorgeous. I'm glad that we can both share that even though we're hundreds of miles away from one another, because sometimes God's beauty is so powerful that you just can't keep from sharing it!
 
I missed it! I was working. Well, maybe God will paint me another one on Saturday . . .
 
Girl, I don't think you should have to wear pantyhose anymore. at least that's what Oprah says.
 
I was all up in your post... then you throw in NASCAR!
 
I have followed my son around golf courses watching him play tourneys for the past 5 years. I tried to instill in him how blessed he was to get to walk some of the most beautiful, manicured, and lavishly landscaped courses in the state and to soak up every minute of God's handiwork. "Yea, Ok Dad...can you help me find my ball now?" Maybe in time...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?