Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Riders" on the Storm

It is strange how something simple like rain can have such a big impact when it has been absent for a while. I was actually enjoying driving home in the drizzle last night and felt that old familiar feeling of winter time.

But when all of the creeks and streams in the area are suddenly filled up it causes quite a current on our lake. This morning as I was getting in the car I saw a boat dock floating down the lake. No time to run in and get the camera. Somebody will look out the window today and say “baroo” (that is for Chris) and wonder where their dock went.

Life is like that sometimes. When we suddenly have showers of blessings we don’t always respond in a thankful, Godly way. Sometimes we just “let loose” and end up breaking free. In the same way when troubles or heartache overwhelm us we sometimes just drift around, looking for a place to set anchor, but never really stopping to find it.

I need to be sure that my life is firmly planted where I can weather whatever this life brings…whether it is showers of abundant blessings or showers of troubles. Either way I should be able to praise God and hold fast….unlike the docks I saw this morning!

Comments:
Funny, I had that same song in my head after your post yesterday!

I like what an anchor represents - I don't want to be washed away from God by my troubles OR my blessings!
 
If we lose to the Orange Nation on Saturday, there is going to be an even BIGGER storm in T-town.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

DU
 
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is drifting....just drifting...
 
I'll take a different angle with my comment. Sometimes a broken spirit, similar to a dock being swept away, is necessary for us to come into complete submission of our Savior. Weathering the storm brings to mind for me, hunkering down in a safe place until it passes, never really experiencing the pain or dangers during the storm or the road to recovery. Did that make sense?
 
Great thoughts. Wouldn't you like to just punch those goofs that leave those "extra cash" comments on your blog!
 
Again, love the pictures! They make me homesick...but I am heading south today to the ozarks where there will be plenty of lakes, rivers and trees. And, love "Riders on the Storm" but can't listen to the Doors anymore...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?