Monday, October 23, 2006

Time is Ticking

Yesterday Derek, Mary, Matthew and I went to church at Crossbridge. We heard a very good lesson on time. One question was asked; if someone followed you around for a couple of weeks what would they assume was the most important to you…..by the way you spent your time.

Ouch! I was rushing back from Birmingham to leave to go to Huntsville to play tennis. I am not sure if you would say driving or playing tennis was the most important to me. I spent more hours on the road than I did playing tennis.

We had a very good time visiting this church. They have such a warmth and friendliness and even though the regular minister was not there, we felt blessed to have shared this time of worship with them. Derek & Mary ran into an old class mate from high school. She called them later in the day and invited them to their small group meeting at their house. Just a little too far to drive.

I hope you all had a great Sunday as well…..

What are your time pitfalls?

Comments:
Honestly? Computer stuff... reading blogs and commenting, writing, mindless game playing.

It's sad.
 
My time pitfall? Missing the present by falling into the past.
 
i'm with karen.

i also spend a lot of time scheduling, and going to soccer games to ref. i also spend a lot of time watching the stuff on tv.

i start the day by reading blogs, and devos, but then it turns to what ken wants to do.
 
Karen stole mine! Definitely computer stuff--both blogs and mindless games. On my off time it's my kids and books.
 
Watching college football...that's exempt isn't it?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?