Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yackity- Yak

Do you ever talk to yourself? Do you talk to yourself in the mirror or just in general? I do both, but especially in the mirror, I don’t know why…do you think it is where I can read the expression on my face?

Last night we were talking about finding intimacy with God. I was saying something to the class about Jesus going off to be alone to find the time and the place to talk to God. And as I am prone to do I started thinking out loud. I mentioned that sometimes we had to go off by ourselves and talk to ourselves to know where we are at and to understand feelings and emotions that we are having. I related that sometimes I can figure out what is bugging me or what I am really thinking by writing…but sometimes I can just look in that mirror and have a good heart to heart.

How about it? How do you stay in tune with yourself?

Comments:
Isn't that what blogging is all about? We just pretend that others are really listening!
 
I've heard that it is okay to talk to yourself, as long as you don't answer. Seriously, there is value, IMO, in constructive self-talk. When I'm struggling with how to phrase something that I'm writing, talking it out is usually the shortest distance to a complete sentence.
 
I talk, sing, yell, whisper, gripe, complain, and curse myself daily, usually while driving to and fro work. Most days are fairly pleasant but we have been known to get a little heated at times...
 
"I'm in my own little world . . .but it's okay--they know me here . . ."

LOL--I talk all day long--whether there's someone to listen to me or not. Maybe that's why I'm a dispatcher. They pay me to talk!
; )
 
Yep - I talk to myself out loud all the time.....usually I try to keep my thoughts inside when I'm out around people, though - don't want them to think I'm crazy or something!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?