Friday, November 03, 2006

If the Shoe Fits...

I seem to get on themes lately…currently it would seem that my theme is love. My little girl loves her babies but currently she is struggling with having patience for them. She looks forward to the night each weekend that we keep them. I love her and the babies, but I am sick. I don’t think I am contagious, but for the first time I am not looking forward to keeping my sweet babies.

So it occurs to me that love does not always mean that you want to constantly be in the presence of another. Love means that sometimes you do things you don’t want to for the benefit of another. Love is not always expressed as unsurpassed joy, sometimes it is messy diapers and cranky babies (and a cranky Mom).

I am sure God sometimes thinks of me as a cranky baby. There are times when he must lose patience with me. He doesn’t love me any less, but just wants me to “grow up”. I hate it when the shoe fits so well……

Comments:
yeah....right!!
 
Love is sometimes accompanied by emotion but love is often hard work! I love your story. God must be very patient with us!
 
Loosing patience is not a lack of love. Well said young lady. I will say, you are due a short fuse; most don't have to help raise 3, the same age, at the same time. Lord, help ya!What you see as a blessing, many would define as a curse. Hope you feel better soon.
 
Love ain't always perdy. Sometimes it sniffles coughs and is real tired but it does for the other anyway. Don't you see the tired savior with a huge load on his mind as he straps on that towel? He must have been mentally drained and there he was sacraficing to teach the biggest lesson, the true meaning of worship ... serve one another and fullfill the law and the prophets. I know the word is "Love" but it is overused and less understood but we understand being someones servant. Don't we?

Bruce
 
I think you're right, and love often means you do something you really don't feel you can--for someone else's benefit. I need this reminder from time to time. Especially around 6:30 pm when I'm just ready to sit on the couch and not do one more blessed thing!
; )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?