Monday, November 13, 2006

Summary

We came home yesterday to a beautiful fall day. The scenery became more and more beautiful as we got closer to home. It was good to get home. It was great to see my babies. I NEED to see my Matthew today!

So do I feel inspired and recharged to tackle any obstacles that come along? Not really. But perhaps I put too much emphasis on a short trip. I am forming some thoughts that may or may not be profound. Maybe I should just shoot for humorous and skip the profound stuff.

I did find that sometimes it is hard to like people. During my last match on Friday we played against this woman who used a racket with two handles. I thought it was some type of handicapped racket, but it turns out the only handicap she had was lack of the gene that allows you to have “fun”. We jumped out to an early start and won the first set 6-2. Evidently confident in a quick defeat we became complacent and managed to lose the second set by near the same margin. So we were destined for a third set tie break. This “lady” was so paranoid that we were going to get some coaching (OK, at our level you can “tell” me what to do all day long…if I could translate that from your mouth to my head to my racket….I would not be playing at this level). She followed us to the bathroom between sets. When she saw me talking to my captain she almost had a come-apart. I was asking her what time and on which courts they were about to play! Anyway I guess her tactics worked because she made my goal to try and make the tennis ball go into her mouth! Therefore we lost the tie-break and the match. I met up with some folks I had played against back in June. They remembered me because we had a fun match. I don’t think this lady will have any such joyful reunions. Winning truly is not everything!

Hope you are all having a good Monday.

Comments:
Hope you have a good day, too!
 
Don't you hate it when folks forget that sports are supposed to be FUN!
Those kinds are never happy!
 
It sure makes for a funny story though! Some people are definitely harder to like than others, I'll give you that one.
 
If you ever do manage to put the ball in her mouth take a pic will ya?

I would love to see it. :)
 
How sad. You know that lady didn't come back feeling refreshed at all. I bet she came back feeling more uptight than she left. You kind of have to feel sorry for someone who doesn't seem to actually enjoy playing like you do. She can't be a happy person.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?