Monday, November 06, 2006

Three Dog Night


This past Saturday I made an impulsive purchase in the local Wal Mart. Yes I spent $7.50 for a CD by the Three Dog Night!

Today it brought great "Joy to the (my) world" to drive through the streets of Cullman with my sunroof opened singing "Never Been to Spain" at the top of my lungs (until I broke into a fit of coughing) This followed by my realization that "ONE" is the lonliest number and that "Moma had told me Not to come". But all the time I was thinking "Liar" it is not "Easy to be Hard". But I didn't want to waste my time on "An Old Fashioned Love Song" seeing as how I see things as "Black and White". But I wanted to "Celebrate" and tell "Eli (that Mimi's) coming" and that the "Show Must Go ON". However, I don't have a clue what or where "Shambala" is.

You have got to love some cheap classic rock!


Comments:
love those songs!
 
Man that brings back good memories!
 
I'll give you the number to my shrink
 
check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DljH_QzlTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2HH2Py4l_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EckmNAh1HcQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnVaGv9d2s

these are links to some videos on you tube. jd has got me hooked on them. i hope the links work.

these are some good songs!
 
I used to listen to my older brother's Three Dog Night albums. I remember almost all the songs you mentioned.
 
I got all those songs on my itunes. Love em. Pieces of April-another one of their classics. Did they write a bad song...I don't think so.
Rock and Roll Donna
 
"I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Alabama!"

I sing a few bars of "Eli" everyday because I have a student in one of my classes with that name.
 
My dad brought us up on Three Dog Night, CCR, the Rolling Stones...boy, this post brings back memories of my sister and I dancing around our game room to "Joy to the World" and "Black and White". Thanks for the flashback!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I LOVE musical flashbacks! And of course everyone knows I like my music loud, I guess. Rock on, Donna!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?