Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tis the Season

I love this week. Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time of year. The concept of taking time to count our blessings is something we should always be aware of, but that we as a nation can take special time from our lives to thank God is an awesome privilege.


This year I have so much to be thankful for. God has answered so many prayers on my behalf this year. Yet as I look back on the year I realize that trying to capture it in my mind is like trying to hold sand in a colander. Time just quickly passes by. Memories are made, but often I fail to cherish them. I fail to envelope myself in the moments that make life so wonderful.

My goal for this week is to savor not only the wonderful food that will be prepared, but each moment spent with family and friends. I want to feel love and to let those that I love feel it from me. I want to let God use me to express his love to all of his children. Will you join me?

Comments:
Thank you for your encouraging, positive, spiritually focused thoughts that you share on your blog.
 
Thanks for the reminder and encouragement, Donna!
 
I can hear the voice from Days of Our Lives, "Like sand through the colander, those are the days of our lives".

Have a great Thanksgiving!
 
What a wonderful idea! Let it begin with us.
 
My mother's heart attack has caused me to really consider what's important this Thanksgiving. Family and friends, that's what I'm most thankful for and that's what I can least do without.
 
I'm thankful for you and the thoughts you share on your blog. I hope to join you in expressing God's love to others. Have a good Thanksgiving, Donna.
 
My own brush with death this year makes me certainly count my blessings. New life, new friendships, and blessing galore. Our prayers should always be so full. Thanks for the reminder.
 
I wanna join you, too!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
 
God really is good, isn't He!?
Be blessed Donna!
 
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a weekend full of love & many blessings!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?