Saturday, November 25, 2006

What a Weekend

The weather is in the 70's....guess what? That is perfect tennis weather. So I am doing my best to get some tennis in....trust me, I will not be fighting the rest of you in the shopping malls this weekend. I can't even get in the mood to put up my tree when it is this warm....but it is still too early anyway.

We had a great Thanksgiving, we gathered at my Mother in laws on Thursday and at my Mom and Dad's yesterday. The triplets spent the night with us last night and they were perfect little angels. This has truly been a blessed year. Nobody was real interested in getting up a game of tag football in the yard....I guess this is when we show our age.

I started to do a post on my pet-peeves about the Christmas holiday, but I am going ot work on being positive....so I will just give you one. (with apologies to John Dobbs) WHY, do they start playing Christmas music so early? and WHY do they play it on every station?

You got one?

Comments:
Thanksgiving marks Christmas season for me. I like to celebrate it for a solid month. My pet peeve is this: people that think it's wrong to celebrate Christmas as Jesus's birthday, but get mad when someone wants to change Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays. You would think Happy Holidays would fit them better.
 
Walking thorugh the aisles of Christmas decorations to find a Halloween costume! (I don't mind early Christmas music though!)
 
I wish it were ALL about Jesus and we could just skip the gift giving.
 
The weather has been great here, too!

My pet peeve--focus on gift giving--instead of the Gift that has already been given.
 
Another pet peeve - Stress brought on by CRT (aka Christmas Road Trip!!! Aaagh!!!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?