Monday, November 20, 2006

Winners and Losers

This has been one of those weekends filled with the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Two of my favorites were in the agony column….the Crimson Tide of Alabama and Dale Jr in his race for the chase and the race at Homestead. But both are rebuilding, both have had moments of glory this year, both will come back strong next year. I am grateful that my mood is no longer dictated by how either performs….this year I would have been in a real funk. I find that it builds character to learn how to lose graciously. My character is getting stronger!

Saturday I played my first tennis match after the eye enhancement. David and I had our first victory together! Yay! That is the good news. I can see things on the tennis courts that I have not been able to see….the bad news is that I now have to wear reading glasses to see my computer screen. Oh well, much in life is a trade off.

The true winning of the weekend was time spent with my family. It is so special to have those four precious grandbabies with me. It was challenging but fun to keep them all Friday night. Then to enjoy them all at my Mom’s yesterday was extra special.

Derek, Mary, Matthew and I went back to enjoy a time of worship with our extended family at Crossbridge yesterday. It was a wonderful time of worship and fellowship. I enjoy getting to spend the extra time with them in the car as well as the time of worship.

I hope no matter which teams you pull for, whether you felt thrills or agony, that you know and feel the greatest victory of all….Victory in Jesus!!

Comments:
Congrats on your victory! I'm gonna have to "Amen!" your idea that much in life is a trade-off.
 
Donna, try being an Ole Miss fan! At least my wife's beloved Hogs are still on track.

Happy Thanksgiving.
 
This has been a truly humbling year for us! Baylor was set to go to a bowl game this year. Two narrowly lost games cost them that reward. Let's not even talk about the Tide...

Fortunatly yesterday, our Cowboys beat the undefeated Colts. This took a little sting out of the weekend!
 
Amen, sister! Preach on!
 
Spending precious time with family is such a blessing, isn't it? I wouldn't trade that time for anything. : )

Missed you at church . . .
 
War Eagle for the second year running...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
 
One thing about being at the top of the heap...you're wearing a bullseye and everyone is aiming for you. Life in the valley can be both humbling and revitalizing. Its a short ride on the front of the train, but I'm gonna enjoy while I can. Reality can check back in at any moment...I'm ready for that too. Been there, done that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?