Wednesday, December 13, 2006

HoHo....HO

BTW it is 70 degrees here...but Christmas, so my Avatar is on a tropical island celebrating Christmas.....and of course I bought a pre-lit tree. You all should know how lazy I am by now!!

A week and a half till Christmas….how did that happen? This whole year has passed by without asking permission from me. That seems to happen to me more and more.

Strange things going on in my head these days (so what else is new). I had a strange dream the other night where this guy (who used to run a restaurant here in town) was telling me I had to be more extraverted. He said I needed to be up meeting more people at this particular function. I guess I have been concerned about the introverted side of me that appears from time to time. Sometimes I am content to sit by myself and not talk with people. However, I know that I am missing a lot by doing this. So I am trying to pull myself out of this habit…..obviously it has bled over into my dreams.

^^^^^^^^^^^

My heart hurts for those who seem to have more than their share of troubles at this time of year….I don’t know why now more than usual. Maybe it is just because we see so many happy people or people acting like they are happy, and we notice the contrast more in those who are suffering. Today a lady from Hospice spoke at a luncheon I was attending. She told how their goal was not to deal with death but to enhance the quality of life. I think that would be a good goal for me to have too.

Comments:
The holidays are tough sometimes. I think enhancing our quality of life is a goal that we should all have.
 
I read a story today about a group of people drinking coffee. The teacher made the point that they all chose the nicer cups and left the cheap cups for last or didn't pick them up at all. It made the point that the coffee is life. The cup is just the container. Our jobs, clothes, houses, etc., are just containers for our real life which is within us. Enhance away!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?