Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Howdy Folks!

I have had a wonderful Christmas. Well, except for the fact that my buddy Matthew was sick and we had to try and keep him and the triplets segregated; those efforts were still no big deal, but I hate to see my sweet little boy be so miserable. After a visit to the Doctor yesterday he seems to be on the mend.

Saturday morning Diana and I continued a tradition that we started several years ago. We used to do it on Christmas Eve, but we got up and just the two of us went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. It was fun to be out with her without three little people competing for our attention. That is a good tradition to try and keep going. Then Sunday, Matthew was sick so he and Mary missed church. So after church Derek and I had a chance to have a lunch that was just the two of us. That was very nice too. It is great when your kids get to the point where you love to spend time with them, and they actually enjoy it too.

The rest of the weekend was spent going to family gatherings and having two separate gatherings at my house. In addition the triplets spent Saturday night and Monday night with us. Life is good.

Yesterday we went to Huntsville to buy one more gift for me and David (although he needs it more than me). We bought a Tom-Tom, or a portable GPS system. David is going back to London in a couple of weeks and I guess he knew he needed something to help him get around since “Don-Don” would be staying at home! Ha!

We will be honoring another of our annual traditions by going to the beach this weekend for the New Years. There is nothing like the beach to ward off an inkling of the end of the year funk…..y’all come on down!!


BTW....I tried to convert to the "New and Improved Blogger" but it said I was not eligible. Maybe the size of my blog??? I may get a complex!!

Comments:
I am glad the celebrations went well! Hopefully, I will be headed to the beach in a few days too. That is a great way to start the year! Happy New Year!
 
Glad your Christmas went well! Hope you have fun at the beach.
Happy New Year!
 
hey! i'm heading to the beach for the new year, too! we are headed to panama city for 'last hour' (its a youth group thing).

hope things go well for you.

my christmas was spent tending to my wife, and her family. she got a "nice" present from santa this year. she got the full blown flu! and her family came to the house for christmas dinner. i got to be the host while she sat there and told me what to do.

we didn't know it was the flu until yesterday because the doc was enjoying his holiday.

enjoy the beach!
 
donna, btw dubya was not in the photo. was that part of joke that i missed?
 
I tried to switch over my blog too during the holidays and was told "I wasn't eligible." My husband said that it does deal with the size of the blog -- since it is still in the "test" stage, they aren't as willing to take a risk on people that have large blogs.

Let me know whenever you get approved for the switch though! Good luck.

Glad you enjoyed a nice Christmas with your family.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?