Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Non-Traditionalist

I guess you can say I am non-traditional. But I like to start new traditions. Sometimes they end up being a one time thing….but that is OK. It is hard to ever duplicate the joy of some experiences…so we might as well create new ones…right?

Last night I was thinking I wanted to do something special with Matthew. The local park had a drive through Christmas light show that you could do for $5.00 per car load. Terri had warned me that it was a little lame, but she did NOT mention that Santa and hot chocolate waited at the end of the ride.
Me, Matthew and his Mom & Dad had a great time. Matthew was happy to look at Santa and take his candy cane (he also called him Christmas Tree…so cute) but he was NOT interested in sitting in Santa’s lap. I am really proud that my grandson will not crawl in the lap of some bearded man in a red velvet suit. I can’t see how that is not a good thing!






Well, after our adventure in the park which included talking to the over friendly ducks,
we went to Cracker Barrel to eat. I let Matthew get any toy he wanted. After much thought and a great deal of study of this one lit house in a Christmas Village, he chose a microphone and an airplane. He walked all through the store part of Cracker Barrel saying “Hey Mi-Mi” into his microphone. We had a great time!

I do know that if I repeat this tradition in the years to come I will not wear 4 inch heels!! My legs are as sore as if I had been to the gym! (where I really need to be).

Christmas time = Family Time….hope you are finding some too!!

Comments:
What fun! Tomorrow I get to don the suit and be Santa at one of my schools. This is a great time of year for many kids. I won't be wearing my four inch heels either!

I love that Christmas Avatar outfit there too! That looks about like what the Titan cheerleaders were wearing Sunday...but without the pants.
 
I chased my girls around the mall shopping in Houston Sunday wearing boots with heels! Never again. I don't know what hurt..it all hurt.
 
so donna? will you be coming to mobile/pritchard more often in 2008? it would be nice to meet you at the dale jr. motor track/mall/amusement park thingy.

merry Christmas! that is a nice suit there on the avatar. do you really own one, or are you just showing how you feel with her dressed like that?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?