Thursday, December 21, 2006

Power? or Control?

I may have told some of you that I am using a Henri Nouwan book as an Advent devotional guide. Yesterday the topic was the temptation to power. Now, this is something I have never had a problem with. I do not understand the motivation of people who wish to be in politics or have political power. I was pretty sure as I started reading that I could feel good about myself this day.

Then came the paragraph that states an action for the day.

Today give up on the need to control others, whether it be scheduling a meeting, expecting others to drive as you wish, or making your references a priority over those of others.

Well….it was probably wrong of me to feel smug anyway. Let’s just say I blew this big time. As we were driving home from dropping Matthew off last night, I pointed out to David that he could go without waiting for traffic…he had the turn signal. He asked me how he ever made it through town without my help. I told him I had no ideal!

Today I only have to give up salting my food to acknowledge the purity of my new birth in Christ…..maybe I can do that!

Comments:
Control is a big issue...don't pretend it isn't!
 
i like how your whole post today was about you controlling the blog space for people to hear about how controling you lend yourself to be...it's all about you and control donna...dang...:)
 
I could give up being a control freak before I could give up salt! Is 4 out of 5 of these directives OK? Its scriptural..."You are the salt of the earth"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?