Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Prodigal Dog

He's home! We had circled through the neighborhood looking for him again this morning before church. We stopped back by the house where I could get my Bible out of the car and I noticed movement in the dog pen. Skeeter is in his pen! I shouted. Derek thought I was being mean for a minute but then they spotted him too.

After bestowing love and dog treats on him we went on to church. What a great relief! All weekend people have called and have just seen him. He kept a path along a creek that runs close to their house. It seemed that he was afraid to cross back over to the side home was on. Well sometime during the night or early morning he finally found his was back home.

Yes, Derek& Mary handed out several flyers. They ran a little ad on the local TV station and were prepared to put an ad in the paper. The neighbors were all very friendly and helpful. It is amazing the number of calls and sightings that occured. It seems everyone wanted to help Skeeter to find his way home.

It is amazing what people will do for you if you just ask. It amazes me that people are basically good and want to see you have good results. People will take time to search if they know something or someone is missing. Analogies???

Comments:
Analogies: How about Luke 15:1-10? In verse 9 substitute the word "coin" with "dog." An update of the parable which illustrates the rejoicing in the presence of the angels over one sinner who repents. If Jesus compared people to coins and sheep, I can compare them to dogs (I don't mean that in a bad way, really). Glad you found him.
 
Hallelujah! Yes, there is an analogy there.
 
Yay! I'm so glad he is back.
 
He was lost, still loved and now found!
 
Wow. I just commented on your "Lost Dog Blog" and a couple of click later I see the Prod-dog-gal has returned. Kill the fatted Hog! Its Canine Partytime. You should sleep good tonight. Wait...don't kill a Hog...they're holy. A round of sweet tea and doggie treats on me. Congrats.
 
YAY!!!
 
"Prod-dog-gal" Now that's funny!
 
Don't have an analogy, but I'm happy to see not just people helping, but people (you) seeing the good in others. And I'm glad your doggie is back.
 
Guess what? Bailey bolted out the front door this evening!!! As Dwight was calling her & running down the street, I just picked up her leash & jingled it. She came tearing back to the house to go on a walk!!! Dumb dog - she had unlimited freedom & came running back to the leash!!!! Lots of analogies there too!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?