Wednesday, January 24, 2007

For Kenny

Five things you don’t know about me……
{this is hard when you once did a post of 100 things about me….}

  1. I have lived on a lake for almost 12 years and I never go fishing. I think it goes back to my childhood. When I was in girl scouts we went fishing at a local lake. One of the girls had left her line lying on the ground somehow I tripped on it and her hook ended up in my leg. I have never had much desire to be around those pesky little hooks since.
  2. When I went to Germany to visit my little brother we were there at the right time to go to the Holland Tulip festival. To get there we got to drive on an open road race course. It was awesome and surprising to get to see all of that. One other side trip we made was to Luxemburg. We kind of accidentally found the sight of Patton’s grave. That was another cool thing from that trip.
  3. When I was 18 I was working in a Pizza place over the summer. Working there created the only time that I have ever called in sick to work when I was not really sick. David and I were spending the weekend at the lake with another couple. They begged me not to go to work that Saturday night. So I called in and said I had hurt my back skiing. The guilt was so heavy that when I did go back I put in my notice. Whew! Feels good to confess that!
  4. David and I used to bowl in a mixed bowling league. I carried an average of around 145. I guess I was a fairly decent bowler. Again, when Derek started playing sports we found that we didn’t have time to keep up the bowling.
  5. During my Biology class in 10th grade, the boys would take a dip of Skoal and stand in the window to spit. They were even known to crawl out the window to skip class. All of this was known to the teacher. However, the one time we had a little snow in Alabama (a rare occurrence) I was standing up at the window to look out at the snow. I got a paddling from this teacher….for looking at snow. Talk about your dual standards……this man is now a Judge in our fair city. I have told him on several occasions that I have never quite forgiven him. On some levels that may be true.

There you go….not very interesting. If you still want to know more about me go back and read the 100 things about me….if you need a sleeping aid that is.


Comments:
wow! a post just for me?!? i am so honored.

i just knew that there only about 2 or 3 that actually read my blog, so went out and actively solicited replies. thanks.

i, too, love to bowl. when i was a teen i would bowl in a summer league, and my avg was (drum roll, please) 145. when i got in the navy bowled in a league and my avg went up to 160. i had a red budwieser bowling ball. no, it wasn't because i was an alkie, i got because i got a really good deal on it. then it got stolen when my stuff got shipped back to the states from japan.

now i got a really cool ball that my friend that owns a bowling alley got me for my birthday. it looks like it is on fire, and i got my nickname that my wife calls me embossed on it. it has "ken doll" embossed on it.

ok, i'll stop now so you can have your blog back. you just sparked some memories. thanks for doing the 'tag'.
 
Cool, Donna. Thanks for sharing these tid-bits.

Not that you asked, but... one of my best friends in high school was an attractive, genuine cowgirl who liked to hang out with me 'cuz I didn't mind if she dipped skoal. Just like Walt Garrison with a pinch between her cheek and gum she was set for a night full of fun!

Blessings,
-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog
 
I took Bowling in college! (I got an A)
 
I rarely break double digits when I bowl. My kids love it :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?